iBatis integration with Sybase with JDBC type as Simple

iBatis integration with Sybase with JDBC type as Simple

subho
I am facing a problem as following :
com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybSQLException: SET CHAINED command not allowed within multi-statement transaction.

I am using iBatis ibatis-2.3.0.677.jar.
JDBC type is kept as Simple , on calling a particular procedure with SET CHAINED OFF statement inside the procedure , I am getting the above error.

I have tried certain ways to overcome the error but with no success yet.

No transaction has been started from java side , auto commit has been kept as false, still once I call the procedure I am getting this error.

If anyone has faced the same problem please help.