Returning an java.lang.Integer

JMenon1976
I have a select as follows: At the java-end, I do as follows : try{ Integer result = (Integer)this.bagDAO.getValue(inputParamMap,"selectFltEvntSeqNum","Error while fetching Bag Evnt Flt Seq Num"); if(result!=null){ bagEvntFltSeqNum = result.intValue(); logger.debug(bagUniqId+" : bagEvntFltSeqNum : "+bagEvntFltSeqNum); }else{ logger.debug(bagUniqId+" : Received Null from BagODS Query"); } }catch(E...... ... ..... I have the values that I am passing in the inputParamMap logged and do a direct select on TOAD with the query and I do get a value. However the program always returns a NULL as logged above in the else part What am I doing wrong here? Thanks in advance