Changed Maven Artifact ID and location for iBATIS 3

Changed Maven Artifact ID and location for iBATIS 3

Clinton Begin
I hope nobody minds, but I've changed the artifact ID for iBATIS 3 to avoid the duplication of the "3" version number.

Previously the maven coordinates were something like ibatis-3-core-3.0, which looked funny.  With the new coordinates, it will simply be ibatis-core-3.0.  Much nicer.

  <groupId>org.apache.ibatis</groupId>
  <artifactId>ibatis-core</artifactId>
  <name>ibatis-core</name>
  <version>3.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

In addition, we currently publish iBATIS 3 to:

I'd like to move it to a more consistent and appropriate spot to better follow maven conventions:

I've also completely removed the Ant build, and now iBATIS 3 builds and assembles completely with Maven.

Some day I'll probably move the migrations to their own module, but currently migrations just gets packaged as a second assembly as part of iBATIS core.   It's non-intrusive, as we don't ever deploy migrations to the repository -- it's just a command line tool that uses the ibatis libraries.  Like I say though, we'll move it out as soon as it becomes more intrusive than it is.

I hope you're all cool with the changes.  I'm quite happy with it (despite an odd corruption of the HTML reports generated from surefire tests, but I can live with it for now, until we figure it out).

All of these changes will be evident in the next Beta release, which will likely be the GA candidate release.

Cheers,
Clinton

Clinton

Re: Changed Maven Artifact ID and location for iBATIS 3

Jeff Butler-2
+1 Sounds OK to me.

BTW - I was looking here:

http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/apache-release.html

This defines a release process that is pretty simple to follow, and
lot's of the mundane work is automated.  But, we would need to get the
Ibatis team signed up for Nexus.  To do that, we need to follow the
process described here:

This would mean that we use Nexus for repository management,
snapshots, etc.  All syncing to maven central would be automatic.  We
would need to move everything off of people.apache.org.  I think this
would be OK with me - what do you think?

Jeff Butler

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Clinton Begin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> PS:  This also retires the old build number system... which I will miss, but
> in the spirit of being more consistent with Maven, I think the benefits
> outweigh the risks.
> Clinton
>
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Clinton Begin <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I hope nobody minds, but I've changed the artifact ID for iBATIS 3 to
>> avoid the duplication of the "3" version number.
>> Previously the maven coordinates were something like ibatis-3-core-3.0,
>> which looked funny.  With the new coordinates, it will simply be
>> ibatis-core-3.0.  Much nicer.
>>
>>   <groupId>org.apache.ibatis</groupId>
>>   <artifactId>ibatis-core</artifactId>
>>   <name>ibatis-core</name>
>>   <version>3.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>> In addition, we currently publish iBATIS 3 to:
>> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ibatis/ibatis-sqlmap/
>> I'd like to move it to a more consistent and appropriate spot to better
>> follow maven conventions:
>> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ibatis/ibatis-core/
>> I've also completely removed the Ant build, and now iBATIS 3 builds and
>> assembles completely with Maven.
>> Some day I'll probably move the migrations to their own module, but
>> currently migrations just gets packaged as a second assembly as part of
>> iBATIS core.   It's non-intrusive, as we don't ever deploy migrations to the
>> repository -- it's just a command line tool that uses the ibatis libraries.
>>  Like I say though, we'll move it out as soon as it becomes more intrusive
>> than it is.
>> I hope you're all cool with the changes.  I'm quite happy with it (despite
>> an odd corruption of the HTML reports generated from surefire tests, but I
>> can live with it for now, until we figure it out).
>> All of these changes will be evident in the next Beta release, which will
>> likely be the GA candidate release.
>> Cheers,
>> Clinton

Re: Changed Maven Artifact ID and location for iBATIS 3

Clinton Begin
I'll have a read of through that stuff and get back to you.  On the surface it sounds awesome.

Cheers,
Clinton