Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Closed Connection

Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Closed Connection

omnipresent
I am getting java.sql.SQLException error and don't know where to turn.

Below is the stacktrace:-
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Closed Connection
        at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQueryWithCallback(GeneralStatement.java:185)
        at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQueryForList(GeneralStatement.java:123)
        at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForList(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:614)
        at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForList(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:588)
        at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.queryForList(SqlMapSessionImpl.java:118)
        at org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClientTemplate$3.doInSqlMapClient(SqlMapClientTemplate.java:268)
        at org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClientTemplate.execute(SqlMapClientTemplate.java:193)
        at org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClientTemplate.executeWithListResult(SqlMapClientTemplate.java:219)
        at org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClientTemplate.queryForList(SqlMapClientTemplate.java:266)

After researching and asking around a lot...I got feedback that I am getting the error because even after the connection has been closed i am calling the resultset.  However, I am using iBatis + Spring across whole application and dont deal with ResultSet.

My Sample code is below:

this.setSqlMapClientTemplate(getSqlTempl());
getSqlMapClientTemplate().queryForList("authentication.isUserDAO", parmMap);
this.setSqlMapClientTemplate(getSqlTemplDW());
List results = (List) parmMap.get("Result0");

I simply call the SP with parameters and get a resultSet back.  I saw a ticket opened in JIRA for iBatis that had similar error, however, I am not using proxyConnection.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-539

Has anyone seen this type of message before ? any ideas/pointers?

Re: Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Closed Connection

Larry Meadors
The ibatis project has moved and been renamed.

It is no longer being maintained as an Apache project, but has moved
(along with the development team) here:

http://www.mybatis.org/

Please join us at the new location by joining the mailing list here:

http://groups.google.com/group/mybatis-user

Larry